- $70k-$85k per annum, based on experience
- No Weekend Work
- Brand new Factory, Facilities and Equipment in 2022!
- Drive process and business improvements
About the Employer
A well-established and successful New Zealand owned Residential Construction business specialising in transportable homes. Their point of difference in the market is an innovative way of building which is easy, exciting, and hassle-free from start to finish, delivering a seamless customer experience. The growth phase the business is currently on testifies to their winning mind-set and their genuine passion to bring strength to their local community and region.
About the Role:
My client is looking for a self-motivated, proactive, and responsible procurement specialist to take ownership of this dynamic role and be a key player in the continued success and growth of the business. You will be responsible for driving cost reduction and productivity uplift through a seamless procurement and inventory management process, consistently demonstrating high degree of ownership and trust. Your passion for building collaborative relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues is absolutely vital to your success in the role.
- Supportive Team Culture
- Develop your Leadership Acumen
- NZ Owned Stable Company
- Family Business with Strong Values
- Determining the quantity of stock required and organising timing of deliveries to achieve both long and short-term projections
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining good business relationships between suppliers, internal departments, and customers
- Resolve any production issues and supply through prompt re-scheduling
- Maintain utmost integrity and trust throughout the workflow, protecting the interests of company and customer
- Optimize inventory control procedures, make sure all products meet specifications, quality checks
- Ensure satisfactory service levels are being maintained by suppliers with regard to the contractual elements
- Proactively identify continuous improvement and quality management initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in materials planning and procurement or similar; ideally within the construction industry
- Working knowledge of procurement, logistics and stock control
- Ability to build effective and strong relationships across the stakeholder network, including local suppliers and customers
- Excellent communication skills, including constructing professional emails and conversations
- Strong attention to detail and be able to think cross-functionally
- Negotiation skills, resilience, and the ability to influence outcomes to achieve customer objectives
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office Suite and preferably knowledge of inventory ERP systems
- Eagerness to learn, willingness to be a team player and a positive work ethic
- A genuine willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: JSPS01