The purpose of a resume is to help you secure an interview with a prospective employer or recruiter. In this fast-paced world we live in, employers and recruitment consultants often view hundreds of resumes. It’s important to showcase your expertise and suitability clearly.
Here are some resume writing tips to consider:
- If you are applying for a variety of jobs in various fields such as administration, sales, and accounts, consider having a different resume for each position.
- Pick out the key duties and responsibilities from the job ad. If your experience is a match, be sure to highlight this.
- List your education and previous employment information in reverse chronological order.
- Check spacing between each section and each page.
- If including information in Bold or Italic, ensure these are consistent throughout.
- Include subheadings to separate the sections and have these clearly labeled.
- Highlight relevant training, education, professional skills, and even personal attributes.
- Address gaps in your employment history.
- Be sure to include any career breaks.
If you would like a sample format, you can download a copy of a Resume Template via the Job Seekers page on The Recruitment Alternative website. For more information including tips and tricks head over to our Job Seeker Help Centre.